Mar 9, 2021
Chef Tyler Lyne has quite the resume, the youngest person to ever obtain the Certified Executive Chef title from the American Culinary Federation, worked in some of the top restaurants in New York City and was recognized by ZAGAT as one of NYC's "30 under 30" list of trailblazers helping to define the next wave of culinary greatness. Plus, he won Food Network's Iron Chef America. On this episode, Jason and Diana sit and talk with Chef Tyler about his love of food, cooking, creating memories, and his new experiential supper club The Tasting TBL. Located in Birmingham, Alabama, The Tasting TBL is a fine dining experience in Lyne's intimate home setting. There's no waiting for a table, no parking, no huge crowds, and Jason and Diana's self-proclaimed "best dining experience ever." Chef Tyler is a seasoned Master Chef with a rich and delicious career story from an underperforming and apathetic high schooler to one of the most influential Chefs and restauranteurs in NYC. Hear how COVID brought Chef Tyler, his family, and his talents to Birmingham, the importance of not just making meals but making memories, and what big plans Chef Tyler has next.
- A lifetime of education, passion, and effort has gone into The Tasting TBL that strives to give guests a truly unique dining experience and an unforgettable culinary memory.
- It's almost impossible to master any high-level skill, but you can learn to tame and manage it.
- Build deep relationships and solid networks. Find people that will fight for your cause and stay by your side. These relationships pay off dividends over time.
- Never stop learning. Become a lifelong student of your passion and career.
- Beware of people who see your success as their failure.
- Don't just deliver a great meal. Create a unique and unforgettable experience.
Thanks for listening!
We would like to know what you think about the IMPACT Agent podcast. Do you agree with Jason? Did any of these ideas help you? Let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
IMPACT Agent is recorded and
produced at Deep Fried Studios - Mobile,
Producer: Johnny Gwin